This position ensures Reddy Ice’s In-store Baggers (ISB) are well-maintained and functioning properly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures ISB machines are operating to capacity and producing to meet customer demand.
2. Conduct service calls to troubleshoot and repair ISB machines including ice makers and baggers.
3. Completes installations, replacements, and removals of ISB at customer locations.
4. Performs preventive maintenance SOP on ISB including de-scaling and sanitizing of ice makers, inspection and replacement of worn bagger components, and maintaining overall cleanliness.
5. Basic understanding and application of blueprints, schematics, and technical documentation for the proper maintenance of production equipment.
6. Works at customer locations, Reddy Ice plants & DC’s, and within refurbishment centers.
7. Regularly attends company sponsored technician trainings as required. Demonstrates the desire and ability to learn additional trade skills as directed by company.
8. Ensures that vehicle, tools, and equipment are in good working order. Maintains spare parts inventory on vehicle and communicates need for additional supplies.
9. Communicates effectively with store level personnel to maximize ISB production and effectively plan for periods of peak demand. Drives a Customer Centric Culture by engaging in respectful, consistent communication with our customers while striving to promote outstanding customer service.
10. Communicates opportunities for SOP improvement to the Field Equipment Service Manager. Contributes to peer discussions regarding equipment maintenance and cleanliness best practices via video conference, conference calls, and through other technology.
11. Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, managers, and the general public at all times. This includes, operating company vehicle safely and in accordance with all applicable laws of the road, reporting to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time, immediately reporting any accidents/injuries, and strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
12. Able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or managers with other duties as required.
13. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics and individual store policy and procedure is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimal travel with potential for overnight. Weekend, night, and holiday work is a requirement of the position. Will perform work in retail stores; frequently driving between retail stores and plant location. Must be able to lift 60 pounds and utilize installation lift equipment. Ability to climb ladders and work with power tools. Overtime may be required. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships and reason through complex business situations is essential.