Reddy Ice utilizes the U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. Please make sure you are registered with the "Clearinghouse" in order to be considered for employment with Reddy Ice.
Please click here to view "A Day in the Life of a Driver" at Reddy Ice.
This position operates a tractor trailer and is responsible for delivering ice to customers and company locations. The driver is assigned a specific geographic market or route which may require overnight stays. The market or route is subject to change depending on business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Operating and maintaining a clean Commercial motor vehicle in a safe and professional manner.
2. Performing pre/post trip inspections, adhering with state/federal hours of service requirements, and operating the vehicle in accordance with all applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations. Carrying a valid Medical Examiners Certificate on person at all times when operating a Commercial motor vehicle
3. Unloading and delivering ice to customers and company locations using a safe, courteous, and service-oriented method.
4. Producing invoices for each delivery and all other required customer or company paperwork.
5. Responsible for the safe operation, working condition, and inventory of all driver “tools” including; handhelds, printers, handcarts, handtrucks lift-gates and pallet jacks.
6. Reporting all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity as soon as practicable and no later than same day. Reporting to direct supervisor any citations received no later than the next business day regardless of whether the citation was received in a Commercial motor vehicle or a private vehicle
7. Following all Standard Operating Procedures and processes and ensure a strong team player approach with responsibilities.
8. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
9. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
Internal: Delivery Supervisor, Forklift Operator, Dispatcher, Customer Service Manager/Rep
External: Customers and warehouse personnel
This position operates tractor trailers and requires a Class A CDL license. This is a professional driver position and must be extremely careful and courteous on the roads. Must possess driving record that meets or exceeds company qualifying standards.
No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a High School education or GED and minimum 2 years of long haul (over-the-road) experience.
A minimum of one year experience as a driver in a vehicle similar to which you will be assigned to operate during the time of employment with the company is required.
Must have basic math skills and exceptional customer relations skill.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle in a variety of weather and traffic situations. Very labor intensive due to amount of lifting, bending, and stacking ice to off load product. Must be able to lift up to 40 pound bags of ice and move up to 700 - 1000 lbs. of ice with assistance of proper equipment. This is a constant procedure throughout the day. Temperatures within trailer are 28 – 30°. Must meet physical requirements per US Department of Transportation guidelines and also be able to climb in/out of vehicle, including cargo and driver areas.