The primary responsibility of this position is moving completed pallets from the lines. The pallets must be shrink wrapped and placed to be stacked or loaded onto trucks. Additional purpose could also entail moving completed pallets from the staging area and triple stacking them in the freezers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must be able to move pallets from the line with a forklift and place them to be shrink wrapped.
2. Must be able to operate the shrink wrap machine.
3. Must be able to load and unload trucks and trailers using proper documentation.
4. Must operate the forklift in a safe and responsible manner as to not jeopardize equipment or employees.
5. Must be able to perform an accurate inventory count in all freezers.
6. Must be able to retrieve triple stacked product safely and load trucks efficiently.
7. Must ensure there are a limited number of short pallets in the freezer.
8. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
9. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
Internal: P&V Supervisor, P&V Maintenance Personnel, Delivery Supervisor and Drivers
External: Dock customers
OPERATING RESPONSIBILITIES: Work must be performed safely to avoid injuries and property damages. Work must be done in such a manner to maintain product flow in the production room while stacking ice and loading trucks.
No supervisory responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have high school diploma or GED with the ability to count product and completed simple paperwork. Must be certified as a forklift operator.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and stack product up to 45lbs in 12 hour shifts. Must be able to work in room temperatures of 45-60 degrees and in the freezers at 15 degrees.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY, FUNDS, AND INFORMATION:
Accountable for freezer cleanliness, product and forklift. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.